We are located at:
East Farleigh Pre-school
Old School Hall
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us:
07586 439 018
Monday and Tuesday
9:15 to 13:15
Wednesday and Thursday
9:15 to 14:45
9:15 to 12:15
Term Dates 2019/20
02.09.19 - 18.10.19
28.10.19 - 13.12.19
06.01.20 - 14.02.20
24.02.20 - 27.03.20
16.04.20 - 22.05.20
01.06.20 - 22.07.20
* Please note
We are closed on the following days
Thur 12.12.19 (General Election)
Thur 07.05.20 (Polling Day)
Fri 08.05.20 (May Bank Holiday)
Due to the current Covid-19 Coronavirus crisis we are closed as per the advice from the Government from March 20th until further notice.
Welcome to East Farleigh Pre-school
East Farleigh Pre-school has been established for over
40 years and is firmly part of the village community.
We offer a welcoming and personal atmosphere to the
children and their families.
We provide sessional care for children between the ages
of 2 and 5 years, and operate during term-time only for
38 weeks per year.
We believe that care and education are equally important in the experiences we offer children. The routines and activities that make up the sessions are provided in ways that:
Our Vision is to:
· Provide high-quality care and education for children below statutory school age
· Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
· Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment
· Work within a framework that ensures equality of opportunity for all children and their families
· Prepare children for the transition to school
· Work within the DCSF Welfare Requirements for sessional day care.
We Offer Your Child:
· Individual care and attention, enhanced by our high adult-to-child ratio allowing us to discover
the children’s interests to therefore provide relevant activities
· The opportunity to develop friendships with other children and adults
· The support of a key-carer
· The opportunity to explore and be adventurous in a safe environment
· Freedom to choose when they want to play inside or outdoors (available simultaneously)
· A curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and progression towards
Early Learning Goals.
We Offer You:
· The opportunity to support your child’s progress by helping your child to learn and develop
· The opportunity to be directly involved in the activities of the Pre-school (on the committee, helping in session, helping with fundraising) and to help shape the service we deliver.
Here at East Farleigh Pre-school British Values is at the heart of all we do. We teach Democracy by including the children in decision making, voting on what toys to have out, sharing ideas and opinions, turn taking, respect and working together in group activities. We create an atmosphere where questions are encouraged and valued.
We promote Rule of Law by teaching children that rules matter. Helping children manage their feelings and behaviour means that they gain a real sense of right and wrong. We collaborate on our rules so that they gain an understanding of why we all need to follow them
Individual Liberty is taught through promoting self-esteem and confidence. The children know that their voice matters and they have freedom of choice through selecting what to play with to when they would like their snack. Circle time is an important time of our day when we share news, ideas and opinions and celebrating achievements.
To promote Mutual Respect and Tolerance we engage with the wider community taking part in different events such as the Christmas and Easter bazaar, trips, school visits and visits from people such as the fire brigade. Parents and families are always included wherever possible through stay and play sessions and Tapestry. We regularly celebrate various cultures throughout the year such as Diwali and Chinese New Year. Stereotypes are always challenged and similarities and differences celebrated.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) – Please see our Local Offer at East Farleigh Pre-school via the link below which shows how we have, for many years, provided for children with special educational needs and disabilities.